“The Mango Chile-rita is a fun, slightly spicy twist on the classic Margarita,” says Allison Kave, co-founder of Brooklyn’s Butter & Scotch. “Made with Mango HI-CHEW-infused reposado tequila—excellent aged tequila that really heightens the mango flavor—this cocktail provides all the refreshing flavors of summer and a touch of spice.” It’s the perfect way to bring the candy store and the bar together into one glass.
1.5 oz Tequila
1 oz Orange Juice
.75 oz Fresh lime juice
.5 oz Simple Syrup
1 dash Bittermens Hellfire Habanero Shrub
Kosher salt and cayenne pepper,
- First, make the infused tequila by mixing at least three ounces of reposado tequila with three cut up Mango HI-CHEW candies. Stir and let sit until fully dissolved.
- To make the drink, run a lime wedge along the lip of one half of a rocks glass, then roll that side of the glass in an equal-parts mix of kosher salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add the infused tequila, orange and lime juices, simple syrup and shrub (if using) to a shaker.
- Fill with ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain over fresh ice into the prepared rocks glass and garnish with a mango wedge and lime wheel.
1 Cup White sugar
1 Cup Water
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, then immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container (a Mason jar works nicely) and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.