Chauncey Roach of the Bit House Saloon in Portland, Oregon, was inspired to create this Southern spin on an Irish Coffee upon awaking from a sultry dream about a certain TV cooking show host. Homemade pecan milk and sorghum syrup join bourbon and hot coffee in a silky, nutty cocktail, which is topped in excessive Paula Deen fashion with a luxurious helping of Chantilly cream and pecan brittle.
Breakfast With Paula Deen
4 oz Coffee
2 oz Cherry Bourbon
1.5 oz Pecan Milk
.75 oz Sorghum syrup
- Add bourbon, pecan milk and sorghum syrup to a mug and stir.
- Top with hot coffee.
- Garnish with Chantilly cream and a crumble of pecan brittle.
750 ml Bourbon
1 Cup dried cherries
- Add cherries and bourbon in a glass container and let sit for three days. Shake daily.
- Strain bourbon and discard cherries.
1 Cup pecans
2 cups water
1 pinch salt
- Add pecans, water and salt to a Mason jar and soak overnight.
- Strain out the nuts and reserve the soaking water.
- Rinse the nuts.
- Blend nuts with the soaking water and strain again into an airtight container.