Smoked Olives and Olive Brine
1 10-oz Jar Castelvetrano Olives
1 10-oz Jar Castelvetrano Olive Brine
- Soak wood chips in water for about 30 minutes. Pat dry and add a handful of the wood chips to a foil pan, cover with aluminum foil and poke holes in the top to allow the smoke to escape from the pan.
- If using a gas grill, set to low heat. If using a charcoal grill, light the charcoal and pour the glowing coals into the grill. Wait until the embers have started to die down and the heat is low.
- Place the aluminum pan directly on the grilling rack, cover the grill. When smoke emerges from the slits in the foil, it’s time to start smoking your olives.
- Empty a jar of Castelvetrano olives and their brine into a large cast-iron pan. Place the pan on the grill rack near the aluminum pan with the wood chips and close the lid.
- Smoke for about 30-60 minutes.