A staple in spicy curries, turmeric is also a medicinal restorative, punching drinkers' immune systems into shape with a little heat. Take the super spice to the next level by mixing it into a creamy almond milk latte, and spiking it with piquant ginger-pepper rum. The result is a warm glass of tough love for your tummy.
Spiked Turmeric Golden Latte
1.5 oz Ginger-Pepper rum
1 heaping tsp turmeric
1 Cup almond milk
1 tsp ginger
1 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tsp coconut oil
1 pinch sea salt
- Heat almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering.
- Pour the hot almond milk into a blender along with turmeric, coconut oil, coconut sugar, ginger and sea salt and blitz until smooth and frothy.
- Pour infused rum into a warm mug and top with frothy latte mixture.
Ginger-Pepper Infused Rum
4 cups white rum
1 tbsp black peppercorns
1 tbsp ginger
- Add peppercorns and grated ginger to a Mason jar and top with rum.
- Seal and allow to infuse for 1-2 days before using, then store at room temperature.