As Atlanta’s first cidery, Urban Tree has been getting a lot of attention since it opened in 2016. They received gold from both the North American Brewers Association and the U.S. Cider Open, as well as a nod from Garden & Gun’s 2017 Made in the South Awards. Their original bottling is inspired by classic European ciders but uses apples from Cathey Family Orchard in North Georgia to give it a dry, crisp, subtly sweet flavor. For a refreshing summertime sipper, Urban Tree’s head alchemist Jessica Smith pours the Original Cider into a glass and then tops it with an icy blend of fresh peach slices, rum, lime juice and a homemade rich vanilla mint syrup. It’s the perfect libation to serve at a backyard barbecue or simply pour yourself at the end of a long hot day.
Vanilla Mint Frozen Cider Cocktail
vanilla mint syrup
Urban Tree Original Cider
1 Fresh Peach, Sliced
3 oz Rich Vanilla Mint Syrup
2 oz Independent Distilling Rum
1 oz Fresh lime juice
1.5 cups ice
1.5 oz Urban Tree Original Cider
Mint sprig, for garnish
- Pour cider into a highball glass and set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in a blender with ice. Blend until smooth and pour into the highball glass with cider.
Rich Vanilla Mint Syrup
1 bunch Fresh mint
1 vanilla bean, split open
1 Cup Water
2 cups sugar
- Combine everything in a saucepan on medium heat. Stir until the syrup is clear.
- Once the syrup is clear, remove from heat. Let cool.
- When the syrup has reached room temp, strain into a clean bottle. Store in the refrigerator.