Vodka Cranberry Shrub
2 oz vodka
4 oz Cranberry Shrub
- Add the vodka and the cranberry shrub to a double-rocks glass.
- Add large cubed ice, stir and serve.
2.25 cups Fresh Cranberries
1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
8 Allspice Berries, Crushed
.75 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup water
- Add the water, cranberries, sugar and allspice to a saucepan, and bring to a strong simmer. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the cranberries are soft and start to break, about 10 minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Using a mesh strainer, lined with a cheesecloth, strain the syrup into a bowl. To extract the residual juice in the cranberries, gently crush the fruit that collects in the strainer, pressing the juice through the cheesecloth.
- Add the vinegar to the cranberry syrup and mix with a spoon. Transfer the shrub to a jar or bottle, and refrigerate before using.