If you’re a Jello Shot novice, this limeade vodka recipe is a perfect place to start. Inspired by the fresh green grass that delivers one of the first signs of spring, it’s a light, sweet recipe that’s perfect for serving at Easter or any other warm-weather gathering. We used a pack of lime Jell-O, unflavored gelatin for extra stability and not-too-sweet San Pellegrino Limonata soda. Spike the mixture with vodka, and you have a refreshing, boozy and ridiculously easy dessert on your hands.
Grass is Greener
San Pellegrino Limonata
1 Cup Vodka
1 box lime Jell-O
1.5 packets gelatin
1 Cup San Pellegrino Limonata
- Heat Limonata soda in a small saucepan over low heat. Add green Jell-O and unflavored gelatin and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, then stir in the vodka.
- Pour the mixture into Easter egg molds. Place in the fridge and allow to set overnight.
- Remove Jello eggs from the molds. If you’re having trouble getting them out, dip the bottom of the mold in hot water to loosen the shots.
- Dust with metallic sugar and serve.