Tiki drinks are good all day, every day—especially when they’re as balanced and refreshing as the Bad Hombre, created by bartender Sean McClure at Brooklyn’s Sweet Polly. “The Bad Hombre is inspired by our presidential election,” Bruno Dias, owner of Sweet Polly, says. “Sean and I got together to create a tiki cocktail and figured out the only thing deserving of the name would be a tequila-based drink in a shark mug smoking a cigar [it’s a cinnamon stick].” Bright agave notes play with the spiced, herbal flavor of bison grass vodka, while orange liqueur and lime add acidity and balance. Creme de cassis and homemade jasmine yogurt syrup give it a rich, sweet finish. “It’s velvety, fruity and extremely refreshing—but still has the power to knock you out.”
The Bad Hombre
1.5 oz Tequila
1.5 oz yogurt syrup
.25 oz creme de cassis
.5 oz Lime Juice
.5 oz Orange Liqueur
.5 oz Vodka
cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Add all ingredients save for the garnish to a shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into a tiki mug filled with crushed or pebble ice.
- Garnish with a burnt cinnamon stick.
.5 Cup jasmine tea
.5 Cup agave nectar
.5 Cup Greek yogurt
- Warm the jasmine tea and agave nectar in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the burner and let cool.
- Whisk in the yogurt until fully emulsified.