Make your next BBQ an epic occasion with a big batch of brightly-hued cocktails, garnished with insanely refreshing cucumber-mint popsicles. A warm weather masterpiece from the Monnalisa Bar in Houston, TX, this cooling drink is a fruity amalgam of white rum, pineapple and lime juices, and a touch of Midori for color. The whole thing is topped with a bright green ice pop. Whether you’re inviting a few friends over or are just looking for the ideal poolside beverage, this drink is the ultimate in summer sipping.
12 oz white rum
24 oz pineapple juice
1 oz Midori
4 oz lime juice
- Add all ingredients, except popsicle and cucumber slices, to a pitcher and fill with ice.
- Stir vigorously and strain into eight coupe glasses.
- Garnish each cocktail with a cucumber slice and popsicle.
1 Cup cucumbers
1 Cup mint leaves
.75 Cup white sugar
1 pinch salt
8 oz hot water
- Add all ingredients, except cold water, to a bowl and stir until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Add cold water to molds until molds are filled a quarter-inch from the top and insert sticks.
- Freeze popsicles for at least four hours.