The secret to this summery cocktail from Jon Feuersanger of beast + bottle in Denver? It’s inverted, meaning the modifiers are more dominant than the spirit. The result: A low ABV sipper that’s floral, refreshing and won’t obliterate you.
Your Own "Pear-sonal Jesus"
.75 oz Vodka
1 oz Pear Liqueur
.25 oz Liqueur
.5 oz Lime Juice
.25 oz Simple Syrup
1 dash Bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake!
- Double strain the summer sipper into a coupe. Drink!
1 Cup White sugar
1 Cup Water
- Combine the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolves, then immediately take the saucepan off the heat.
- Let cool, then pour into a container (a Mason jar works nicely) and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.